Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why I'm Here

I've decided that after 10 years of working in a deli, being a slave to customers who have no idea how to say please or thank you, that I needed to rant a little. I would also love to share some of the funny stories, the odd things that happen and other random bits of my job.

Being that I work in a grocery store deli, customers seem to think I work everywhere in the store. This isn't the case. I work in the deli. I know the deli. I don't stock the shelves- hell I don't really know where anything is unless it's something I usually get myself.

I can't wait to start sharing my stories about the piggies (sample hogs), nasty ass people who eat off the salad or hot bars, the liars, the rude and the just plain ugly. I'll also have to mention the few nice customers that occasionally make an appearance.

I usually only work Saturdays and will post after then, but would also like to reminisce a little and share a few of the memories I've built up over the years of things that have happened. You won't believe some of them... then again maybe you will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you would of kept this going.. I work in a deli that sounds alot like yours ��interesting stuff